<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

well, it's time for the long-awaited (and i use that term loosely) boston summary post.

favorite part: spending time goofing off with ben and lana
least favorite part: missing out on the red sox game

best food : fire and ice (you gotta check it out people)
worst food: cole slaw at the barking crab (lana will blog about this)

most fun: the necco wafer incident at the park (once again, lana will blog)
least fun: getting lost while trying to leave boston (stupid one way streets!)

random highlights: paul revere's house is SO hard to find. the boston massacre sight is practically impossible to find. the ferry to see the USS Constitution was well worth it. harvard is beautfiul. MIT was b-o-r-i-n-g. i ate the best pizza in the ENTIRE world while i was there. there was just enough sauce, loads of cheese, and the perfect mix of pineapple and ham. mmm-mmm good. the holocaust memorial was extremely moving. you can get a lot of exercise walking around boston. A LOT. even though it wasn't in the fall, i thought boston was beautiful. ben and randy are quite possibly two of the coolest guys on the planet. lana is definitely the funniest human in the ENTIRE WORLD.

here are a couple of pics that i thought the iceegirl readers would enjoy.


this is my favorite picture of me because it's just silly. and i like the hat. :0)



i will now leave you with the lyrics to a completely unrelated song. well, i suppose it is related in that i heard it on the way home from boston. so it became my unofficial "boston trip" song. once again, for no good reason because there was zero romanticism on this trip. of course, if you count the two hour saga that ben related to us on friday nite, then i guess there was. so i suppose in a way, this song fits the trip perfectly. anyway, it's by michelle branch and on her "spirit room" album. there's just something about the melody that really makes me happy. enjoy!

"Here With Me"

It's been a long, long time since I looked into the mirror
I guess that I was blind
Now my reflection's getting clearer
Now that you're gone things will never be the same again

There's not a minute that goes by every hour of every day
You're such a part of me
But I just pulled away
Well, I'm not the same girl
you used to know
I wish I said the words I never showed

I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You're the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me
Here with me

You know that silence is loud when all you hear is your heart
And I wanted so badly just to be a part of something strong and true
But I was scared and left it all behind

I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You're the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me
Here with me

And I'm asking
And I'm wanting you to come back to me
Please?

I never will forget that look upon
your face
How you turned away and left
without a trace
But I understand that you did what you had to do
And I thank you

I know you had to go away
I died just a little, and I feel it now
You're the one I need
I believe that I would cry just a little
Just to have you back now
Here with me
Here with me

[Top]